Sunday 23 February 2014

World Book Night 2014

Slightly excited as I've just found out I'm a giver for World Book Night 2014!  If you don't know what it is, and surprisingly lots of people don't, it's an incentive to get people to read and spread the love of reading and a good book.  Basically, givers apply to hand out books on the 23rd April, preferably to non-readers from a selection of titles chosen by the general public.  You can apply online to do this and then if successful, collect your books and hand them out!

This will be the third year I've been a giver, and this time I'll be handing out copies of Jane Fallon's Getting rid of Matthew.  My first choice was actually by Agatha Christie - being my favourite author, and all, but t'was not to be - clearly a favourite with other givers too!




The first year I was chosen I gave out Dodi Smith's I Capture the Castle which I just adore, and the book had the most gorgeous cover up-date too.




Last year I went for a complete flip and chose a very modern novel, The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde which is a sort-of fantasy novel about a fictional book world.  I've read the whole series, and really recommend them, though I know for some, he can be a bit like marmite!







So...if you're in my area, look out for a woman standing on a street corner, stopping random strangers and peddling her wares!


Happy Reading


Miss Chapter x

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see the reaction of people when you try to press a book into their hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to say.
    I now have a copy of I capture the Castle, good old Amazon, and thank you for pointing me in that direction.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on anything I review!